Apple Arcade icon in dock

Reaction score
In the Apple Store I saw a Mac with icons in the dock for Apple Arcade & for Microsoft Office. How do we get those apps in the dock?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

You have to be running macOS Catalina to have Apple Arcade on your Mac, and you have to have purchased Microsoft Office to have those. Microsoft Office 2011 and older will not run at all in Catalina, due to them being 32-bit apps. Newer vesions may run, but I believe the offically compatible versions are Office 365, 2019 and newer.

-Are you running Catalina?
-Do you have Office and which version?

C

Reaction score
I have Catalina. My wife bought Apple Arcade and I tested it on my computer. I have Microsoft Office for Mac. Opening Word, I see it is version 16.33. To run an Apple Arcade game on my Mac, I open "App Store", select "Arcade" then get a game.

When I saw those icons on the Dock at the Apple Store, I decided to look for an app called "Arcade" or "Apple Arcade" on my computer, but failed.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, I see what you mean about Apple Arcade. I just checked on a Mac with Catalina, and it doesn't have an application or icon for Apple Arcade either. Not sure what they have in the Apple Store on their Macs. Looks like you just download the games from the App Store as you stated.

16.33 is the latest version of Word/Office that I can see, so it should be good to go with Catalina.

C

Reaction score
I suppose it was an icon (I wanted to type "iCon"), that was designed for display computers only. Same thing with Office. Just to make it easy for people playing around at the store to see the apps.

Ask a Question