Anyone having issue with Mac OS Ventura

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I am running Ventura on a few Macs, but not my primary, since I have a lot of audio software that needs updating for compatibility. I haven't noticed any issues with Mail or Safari.
  • Which exact model Mac?
  • Any third-party utilities like MacKeeper, antivirus, Internet security, etc. installed and running?
  • Any issues with other software or web browsers like Chrome?
C

Reaction score
The new MacBook Air I recently upgraded to Ventura issues with mail and safari running Intego suite network and antivirus

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Ahhh...Intego is probably the culprit.
  • Is the version you are running compatible with Ventura?
  • Have you tried disabling any real-time scanning?
C

Reaction score
I guess I am just lucky: upgraded all 3 Macs: 2021 M1 iMac, 2020 Mini and 2019 MacBook Pro, all running Intego AV and zero issues. I need to fire up DB Poweramp and Scrivner on the Mini but VMware and all my VMs run fine.

Reaction score
Follow up: Scrivener updated and ran fine on Ventura, so did DB Poweramp and Pixelmator Pro. The only app that didn’t run was Onyx but I updated to the version for Ventura and it ran fine. The Blizzard launcher and World of Warcraft run flawlessly and so does Steam. Only played “Harvest Moon(?)” and a robot puzzle game whose name escapes me at the moment. Both ran fine.

Reaction score
MacMini 2018 - Have been running Monterey with no issues at all. Updated to Ventura and now:

* Can't start in Safe mode or Recovery mode
* When Mirroring to my tv, Advertising and streaming sites such as Twitch & Kayo still work fine. However if I try to mirror a common free-to-air tv channel (Australia), which I've been doing for the last few years with no issues, now it will show me the ads and sometimes the opening frame but even then, if I switch to 'Full Screen', the mac screen goes black and the tv screen all white.
* Photos will no longer import from my iPhone 8
* Some menu items just don't work (Sorry, can't remember which because the major problems took my attention)

In all, Ventura is currently a disaster for me. I want to return to Monterey but can't figure out how to do it. - I've looked at a number of YouTube supposed solutions but none of them have worked. I've tried the MacWorld advice on making a bootable USB but that doesn't work. I've tried recovery from the Internet but that sends me to the AppleStore for Mac Monterey and when I try to download it the Mac gives me a dialogue to tell me I can't because I'm using a newer OS.

I am stuck. I have no idea what to do. I've been using Apple since the Apple II and macs since introduction and have never met such a cock-up before. I'm over it.

If anyone can help advise me I really would appreciate it.

Ask a Question