SOLVED Anyone one know the Last model iMac to support High Sierra.?

Reaction score
Hi, I lost my 2012 iMac which shorted out after the Floods here in Feb 2022.. (I carried it upstairs as the water rose, and it was safe, but a week later I carried it back down to my computer room, plugged it in, and got the black screen of death).. i removed the hard drive and that was alright. i put it in a caddy and got all the data of it, but it has some programs on it I loved, such as Indesign (bought outright before 2011).

and now I need to do some page settings for just one book (an update to my earlier work). so I am looking to buy an old iMac that would support the High Sierra operating system on it, and put it inside... (or boot from it externally)

any clues as to the Model would be appreciated.

regards

Sandy

Reaction score
Hi, I lost my 2012 iMac which shorted out after the Floods here in Feb 2022.. (I carried it upstairs as the water rose, and it was safe, but a week later I carried it back down to my computer room, plugged it in, and got the black screen of death).. i removed the hard drive and that was alright. i put it in a caddy and got all the data of it, but it has some programs on it I loved, such as Indesign (bought outright before 2011).

and now I need to do some page settings for just one book (an update to my earlier work). so I am looking to buy an old iMac that would support the High Sierra operating system on it, and put it inside... (or boot from it externally)

any clues as to the Model would be appreciated.

regards

Sandy
The oldest iMac model capable of running High Sierra (macOS 10.13.6) is the 21.5" iMac late 2009 (iMac10,1).

Reaction score
well my late 2012 27" was running high sierra ...
That’s exactly why I emphasized “oldest” as being able to run High Sierra. Anything after that model will be able to run 10.13 or later. I thought your query was to find out the cheapest way to get a unit that could still run that version.

Ask a Question