Bootcamp: I Cannot install windows due to no mouse/keyboard inputs. Can anyone help?

Reaction score
Hello all,

mac noob here, I have to apologize if this thread is in the wrong forum or asked already.

I went through the bootcamp setup assistant on my 2019 macbook pro i9 and once it restarts and boots into windows I have no keyboard or mouse inputs whatsoever. I am stuck on the language selection for windows, and since I can't select anything or hit next I can't install it.

I suspected the built-in keyboard is dead due to lack of drivers, but now I bought and tried several usb dongles and wired and wireless 2.4 keyboards and logitech mouse, nothing works :( I can't get any keyboard or mouse recognized.

I found thread with my exact issue but they had updates or it eventually let them make inputs. what if I don't have that? https://www.reddit.com/r/bootcamp/comments/jlsa33
I have no updates available and I have not found any workaround to get inputs. I tried win10 21H2 .iso as well as the 21H1. Bootcamp does load windows support for ages before even continuing and the whole process is immensely slow. I am using Monterey 12.5 and nothing works can anyone please help with this

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Your MBP's built-in keybaord/trackpad should definitely work. If you are trying external devices, you need to use an Apple Bluetooth or wired USB mouse and keyboard during installation, as third-party devices do require Windows drivers.
  • I assume the ISOs you are using are legit from Microsoft?
  • Do you have a USB keyboard and mouse to try?
C

Ask a Question