bootcamp expired - cannot delete partition :(

Reaction score
hey, this is my first post so i apologize if it is in the wrong section.
I previously installed the beta version of bootcamp against the warnings from friends and alike, and forgot about the fact that it was to expire when leopard was publically released....so now i have 2 partitions, 1 mac, 1 windows and disk utility will not allow me to delete the windows partition (even though i converted it to an extended os x format). The bootcamp assistant will not execute because it is expired and i wish to install a fresh copy of mac os....but i would like to do this on 1 partition.
Any help on this matter is much appreciated.

Reaction score
Can you copy what data you need off the mac partition back onto your computer? If so, you could do that, and then just re partition the whole drive.... Thing is you will lose all data on the eternal drive that way.

Sorry I can't help more.

Reaction score
sorry, i dont think i fully divulged the entire problem. I have transferred all valuable data from both partitiions to external HD before i wiped off the xp partition and converted it to mac os extended. What i wish to do now is remove the 10 gig partition i made with bootcamp or combine it to make a singular mac os so that i can install paralells instead of bootcamp...since it has not served the purpose i was initially hoping.
Is there a way to forcibly remove, combine the 2 mac partitions without the aid of the bootcampt assistant which is now expired and will not allow me to do so????
:/

Reaction score
hey
If you set your system time back to, say 2006, you can use the beta version of Bootcamp.
Just a thought
Inakto:)

Ask a Question