annoying habit of toast.

Reaction score
Hi,
I am fairly new to macs (about 5 months) and have generally been ok but I am having problems when writing cd's or dvd's. I am using toast titanium 7.01 on a G4 1.42 mini with 1GB of Ram. When writing the disk, it will only complete if there is NOTHING else running. If any other program is running (ie internet) tyhen it says data transfer is too slow.
My mate has an emac which doesn't suffer this problem. Am I doing something wrong?
Cheers,
Phil
ps osx 10.4.7

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

personally when writing DVD's or CD's I never have anything else running...

Back in the 'old' days you couldn't do anything else, if you did the disk would always corrupt and you'd have to do it again.

For the sake of a few minutes, I would burn the disk get a cup of tea (or coke or beer !) and then come back when it's done.

regards

Ric

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

There have been two updates since Toast 7.0.1 - 7.0.2 and 7.1.

I would try updating to 7.1 and see if that helps your issue.

Also, what types of discs are you burning - data/audio/etc.? I assume this is to the internal SuperDrive? What settings are you running in Toast for the recorder itself?

C

Reaction score
Hi,
I have downloaded the updates and it says they are installed but the version stays at 7.0.1
It happens whenever I am writing any type of disk either on the internal or external drive.
The settings are as set up by toast with write speed BEST.

Thanks,
Phil

Reaction score
Hello Fev79,

I have a couple of suggestions:

First, try restarting your computer after you have installed the updates. If that still doesn't work, try this:

Go to Applications ---> Utilities ---> Disk Utility ---> Click on your Macintosh HD drive and click repair disk permissions ---> after that, restart your computer. Give that a go and let us know how it works out for you!

Ask a Question