Annoying menu

Reaction score
OS 10.6.8
Recently, whenever I click the mouse to put a cursor somewhere, it brings up a menu right next to the cursor. I switched to an old Logitech divided mouse and it only happens if I accidentally click on the right side. I want to be rid of this annoyance and go back to my other mouse! ! What do I need to do?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-What brand/model is the "new" mouse?
-Have you checked the Secondary click settings in System Preferences... > Mouse?

C

Reaction score
It was the one that came with my Imac...an Apple mouse. model A 1152
I don't see any "Secondary click settings".

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...so that's an Apple Mighty Mouse. You should see this as the Mouse preferences pane:

lionmm.jpg

On the right side where it says Secondary Button, change that to say Primary button. That should make the right button area act as the left button area does.

C

Reaction score
Thank you very much. Is there some place that explains this mouse pane. I could find nothing to tell me how to work with it! I suppose it's expected that it will be understood intuitively, but there is only one button.....!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
-Is that the Apple mouse that you have?
-There isn't a comprehensive help explanation other than clicking the help ? button in the lower right corner, but post your questions here and we'll try to answer them.

C

Ask a Question