Annoying Popup after Mojave install

Reaction score
Now that I installed Mojave, an older application insists I install Java SE 6. I don't want to install old Java and I don't need the app but I can't get rid of the pop up that interrupts me every 10 seconds. In my laptop's System Report I found the app under Legacy Software and, in fact, was given a path to the software:
/Users/Alan/Library/Application Support/Swarmcast/MLBNexDefAutobahn.app/Contents/MacOS/MLBNexDefAutobahn

Unfortunately, that path doesn't work! There is NO library under Alan! I have Librarys but they either don't contain Application Support or the Application Support doesn't contain Swarmcast! What's going on with my system? The Search function doesn't help as it also cannot locate either Swarmcast or MLBNexDefAutobahn.

Reaction score
Found the answer from a 2015 posting by mattfromkennesaw:
1. Go to Finder and choose Go > Go to Folder... and type ~/Library in the box.

2. Open the folder called Application Support and then open the folder named Swarmcast

3. Double-Click UninstallAutobahn.command

Your Unix terminal will launch and you can watch the commands run.

Thanks Matt

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Glad you found a solution, and thanks for posting it.

You couldn't find the Library folder in question, because the User Library (~/Library) is actually hidden.

Be well,

C

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the path identified under System Report doesn't indicate that the User Library is hidden. Very frustrating. Don't know why Apple chooses to do it that way.

Ask a Question