Airport Express setup for iTunes?

Reaction score
Is there any way to broadcast from iTunes to two airport express' at the same time and sinc the speakers connected to those airports?

I've just set up a second airport express with the hope of extending my network range to a bedroom and the ability to stream to two rooms of speakers at the same time.

I have been using a single airport express in the living room and streaming from itunes to my home stereo for a couple years without trouble.

I now have a new airport express installed in a remote bedroom and I am able to stream music to speakers that I have set up in that room.

The only problem that I would like to solve is that I don't seem to be able to stream to both the living room and the bedroom at the same time. iTunes will only let me choose one set of speakers or the other.

I'm sure this must be possible... I just can't figure out whether it's an iTunes, Airport, or network issue...

help?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
iTunes 7.1.1 does allow for multiple speakers via AirTunes. When you click on the selector tab in iTunes, choose Multiple Speakers... and then check both AirPort Expresses.

C

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Cory... but I'm still to thick to figure it out. I'm on a mac and am using iTunes 7.1.1 but can't seem to find the selector tab that you're talking about. I have a tab at the bottom right of my screen that allows me to select: the computer; airport express 1; or airport express 2. There doesn't seem to be a way to select a combination.

Am I looking in the wrong place. Is there a different software or operating issue? I'm running OS 10.4.9 and both express' are running 6.2...

Thank you for your help... i'm stuck

Bk

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No, that's the right place.

Mine shows:

multiple1.jpg

When I select Multiple Speakers... I get:

multiple2.jpg

Denon AVR-5800 is the AirPort Express connected to my home theater receiver, Rane MP 24z is the AirPort Express connected to my DJ rig.

Wonder why it's not available on yours...hmmm...

Ask a Question