Airport Express bridging to a D-Link Router

Reaction score
Hi there!

I just got myself an Airport express and I am wanting to bridge it with a D-Link wireless router to extend it's range!

The only prob is that when I am trying to set it up as a bridge, it can't find the D-Link router even though it found it in the step before!

I have it set up on the same network at the moment, but that is not doing much. The signal is still as weak as it was before, and the airtunes is playing as if it's recieving it's signal from the D-link router... cutting out when the bars go down to 1, etc...

The "genius" in the apple store told me the express could bridge to other non-apple routers. I thought it would be an easy thing to set up or is there some secret I am missing?

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to help me out!:)

Reaction score
Ok, so I have looked at it further and the problem is this!

The computer can find the wireless network which is the D-link router! It can find the airport express which I have now named for this room! I have selected that it should extend from an existing network and I have told it that it should use the d-link network! But then it goes to the next screen and it is trying to look for the WDS basestation. Now I am guessing that this should be the d-link router, except it doesn't appear in the selectable list, nothing does...

That's as far as I can go, and I can't find any answers anywhere!

HELP ME!!!! :) :eek:

Reaction score
Help too! I have exactly the same issue, and not been able to find a solution anywhere - have you worked out how to get around this issue yet. I read somewhere that you should connect to the router directly with a ethernet cabel and it should work, I have tried this and haven't got any further yet.
I am using a Macbook Pro, I think the window users might have some helpful tips???
Thanks!!!

Ric

Reaction score
Hi to both of you and welcome !

Sorry I missed this original post !

I shall look into it tomorrow, unless anyone else has any answers whilst I sleep ;-)

regards

Ric

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that my router is a fritzbox not a D-link - but I get to the exact same stage and then things don't work. There might be an issue with the router not being WSD compatible? :confused: I have tried different combinations of connecting the airport express to the router, no success yet...

Reaction score
Hello there.

I am considering buying an Airport Express adapter. But I am a little uncertan that it can fill my needs. I want to bridge my school wireless signal, and my question is, Do you think this is possible not knowing what kind of equipment that send the wireless signal? I have all rights to access this network so i Hope it can be bridged. What do you think?:confused:

Ask a Question