Airport and VoiP

Reaction score
I am going crazy. Somebody help me. I have wasted over a week trying to get this set up. Here it goes. I have an IMAC G4, I just signed up with VioP through my IP provider, which I have had for years. My airport worked fine before I added VoiP service. Now I can't get my second computer to recognize the airport. I can't even get my base computer to recognize it. I don't know what to do. I have stayed up many, many, many nights till early morning trying to figure this out.:confused: My equipment is, a motorola Phone Adapter, a DSL Modem and the Airport Express. What to do, what to do........:eek: Any help would be most appreciated.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

When you say you have added the VoiP service...have you changed any settings anywhere ?

Can you back track and change them back ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
I did change the IP in the Airport Admin Utility, now I can't even get back to reset the airport. It can't recognize the configuration. I spent last night installing the updates for base station 4.2 which is what I have and it did't seem to make too much difference.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

what did you change the IP of ? The Base station ?

Is it still on the same subnet as the rest of the computers ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
I think so. I went into the Admin Unility of the base station and changed the IP and Subnet also called the gateway(what I'm told) to what my IP provider gave me. Unfortunately, I don't know what I'm doing and they wouldn't give me any assistance in this matter. They said they don't provide tech support for an airport. I so don't know what I'm doing here. So lost.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

can you email me a screengrab of the Airport settings, and an email of each Mac's network settings...

System Preferences-->Network-->Show Airport-->TCP/IP

thanks

Ric

Ask a Question