Ad's Popping Up

Reaction score
Lately, I'm starting to see ad windows popping up. They all seem to be behind the screen I'm viewing and I don't see them until I close the screen. I haven't had this problem on my Mac until now.

Any ideas. I looked at the System Preferences and didn't see a way to stop them.

Reaction score
Thanks, I found a trojan? PSW.ILSPY. Removed it and still getting pop-ups. I don't see them until I close a window as they are behind open windows. I ran malwarebytes as well as AVG. Nothing found but still getting a couple.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Do you get these popups with a browser running?
-If so, do you have any browser extensions installed?

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory, Thanks again for your help. Yes, with browser running. Safari.
I don't know what extensions might be. For instances?

Sorry I'm such a doofus.

Reaction score
I googled Safari extensions. I do have one extension and, weirdly, it's Adblock 2.57. Go figure.. it's not blocking ads.
There is also:
Terms of Service: Didn't Read by Tos:Dr(xMartin) That's not a smiley.. it's a colon and a D
Dateline
DuckDuckGo

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, try disabling/uninstalling all four of those extensions and see if the issue is resolved. My guess would be Terms of Service or Dateline could be the cause of your issue. AdBlock and DuckDuckGo should be OK.

C

Reaction score
Thanks again, Cory. I'm going to try a "look behind" after each of the browser sites I open. It may be just one that might be the cause.

Next, I'll go for your suggestion.

Appreciate, as usual, your kind help.

Ask a Question