Admin access

Reaction score
Hi,

Firstly, please excuse my technological ignorance.

I have an iMac (Retina 5k, 27 inch, Late 2015) running OS Mojave. When I bought this machine (new in 2016), I made my apple id with my then email address and then phone number. I am unable to access the apple store and/or have ultimate access to my machine as I no longer have access to my old email or phone number. I constantly get dialogue boxes popping up about accessing my iCloud and am evidently unable to change my details as it only gives me the option of working with my old email and phone number. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?

Thank you in advance,
Kindred

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Your Apple ID uses the email address as your username. It doesn't matter if you lose access to that email address at some point, as you can change/reset the password and account details by logging into your account. If you do not have access to the email and/or phone number you used when you set it up, you can answer the security questions that you added during setup, then be able to edit your account settings.

Here is a helpful link for the situation you are in: Apple ID Support.

Because of Apple's very tight security, there isn't much we can do to help. If you attempt to login too many times incorrectly, you can actually lock yourself out of your account, which would then require a call to Apple Support. Try the steps at the link above and let us know how it goes.

Hope that helps,

C

Ask a Question