Adding the "Applications" icon to dock does not work

Reaction score
Running Mojave. At some point which I don't know precisely, the Applications icon was no longer in my dock. Don't know why. When I noticed it, I tried to add it again, both by dragging to the right and the left of the dock and by right-clicking it in Finder and selecting "add to dock". None of these does anything. It won't add to dock. I tried searching online and followed various instructions but nothing helped and nothing addressed this particular issue. A comp restart didn't help. Other things add to the dock just fine. Any help appreciated.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Do you meant the Applications folder icon near the Trash can, or the App Store (blue circle with white A) icon?

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks for the clarification.

Can you drag any other folder to the right side of the divider near the Trash can?

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...no worries.

Are you dragging the Macintosh HD > Applications folder, or the one from your user folder?

C

Reaction score
Dragging the one from the user folder works, but the folder itself is empty. Dragging the one from the HD does not work.

Ask a Question