Acknowledge updates?

Reaction score
My Software Update wants to KEEP TELLING ME that an upgrade to Monterey is available. I'd like it to stop telling me that because, while I'm happy to hear that, I'd like to stay at Big Sur for a while. Now, I don't want to tell it to stop checking for updates, because I AM interested in what other updates are available. Is there some way to say OK, thank you for telling me that an particular update is available, but I don't want it, and you can turn off the alarm that says it is available? That is, can I *acknowledge* that an update is available and stop it from insisting that I do it?

Reaction score
The only way I have found to get rid of the notification is to click the upgrade button and wait for the download to complete and then cancel the procedure, leaving the download in my applications folder. This gets rid of the notification, however it will return if if a newer update becomes available, in which case repeat the procedure.

Reaction score
That's an interesting idea. The upgrade is in two parts, download and installation. The notification is, I guess, really to download. So you do that, but just don't install. Thanks.

Ask a Question