Updates and my older Photoshop?

Reaction score
My Mac is a 10.13.6.
I recently purchased a (new to me, but used) iPhone XS Max.
In trying to hook up and download photos to my Mac, I get a message that I cannot do so, saying that I need to update the software on my Mac to be able to use my (new/used) phone with the Mac.
The potential problem, is that I have Photoshop CSS extended Version 12.1 x64… And I was told that if I update any further then what it is now, that I may have issues using my Photoshop… or that it may not work at all...which will be a HUGE problem.
Am REALLY hoping someone may know for sure, and if so, what if anything I can do...work arounds, etc. (I cannot afford any monthly Photoshop charges, and currently, my Version 12.1 (CSS Extended), works fine.
Thank you SOO MUCH

Reaction score
I'm guessing you'd have to check whether the Photoshop CSS version you have (is your Photoshop a 32-bit or 64-bit version?) will be compatible with the eventual updated iMac version, or simply change to a non-Adobe product. I find Adobe products are excessively priced. Have you tried using Gimp (free) instead? It takes some getting used to, but does a decent job.

Ask a Question