Still using High Sierra on my 2014 MacBook Air. No updates available.

Reaction score
Since my 2014 MacBook Air seems to work reasonably well I have not updated the OS from High Sierra and now I see that OS updates are unavailable on such an old computer. There are some things I'd like to do that are ridiculously slow. One is to delete e mails from my Inbox. I can't seem to highlight and erase a group of e mails. Have to do one at a time which is tedious to say the least. Any suggestions? thanks.

Reaction score
Since my 2014 MacBook Air seems to work reasonably well I have not updated the OS from High Sierra and now I see that OS updates are unavailable on such an old computer. There are some things I'd like to do that are ridiculously slow. One is to delete e mails from my Inbox. I can't seem to highlight and erase a group of e mails. Have to do one at a time which is tedious to say the least. Any suggestions? thanks.
Your model should be able to run macOS Big Sur. If Software Update in System Preferences does not offer it, check the App Store for availability. Otherwise, you can find it here:

Reaction score
Hi,
One is to delete e mails from my Inbox. I can't seem to highlight and erase a group of e mails. Have to do one at a time which is tedious to say the least

This is very strange, if you select more than one email then click delete, do you get the spinning ball? Or does it just take an extremely long time to delete them?

Two questions

1) How much Ram do you have?
2) Have you done a PRAM and SMC reset?

Ask a Question