Access Wirelessly a Canon mp960 printer on an xp computer

Reaction score
I have a canon mp960 printer that is connected via usb to my windows xp desktop. I'd like to connect to it through the wireless g network from my leopard macbook. I've installed the canon printer drivers. The problem is that when I go to add the printer via "windows" printer add option, when it comes time to select the driver, the mp960 is not in the list. The drivers show up and the printer gets installed when i connect it directly via usb to the macbook, but I can't get the installed printer drivers to show in the default list when adding it manually over the network.

Any ideas?

Where does it generate its list of printers and how can i edit it. It only goes up to the mp830 which is probably the latest printer leopard has by default.

Also, I've shared the printer on my xp network and When I connect to it, it always asks for a username or to login as guest. When I select a username OR guest it works, but I want to cache the login process. Is there any way to disable the login prompt when I don't have a password or login setup on the share?

Thanks,
Troy

Ask a Question