Access problems

Reaction score
Hi,

Mojave is not supported on Apple Silicon. The minimum that runs on the latest M1Pro/Max family of Macs is macOS Monterey, but the original M1 Macs were shipped with macOS Big Sur. I would assume the Mac Studio will ship with a minimum of macOS Monterey 12.2.x. and possibly even a new version.

C
I will have to hold onto one of my Intel Mac minis then. The reason for maintaining older versions of macOS, aside from running 32-bit apps, is to be able to support clients running older systems. One of the problems I’m having with Monterey 12.3 is that it can’t address my second monitor and I’m still working hard with Apple support to address the issue.

For all the advancements that macOS has made, some changes have been really stupid and I’m amazed that they haven’t done anything to address them. For example, with the demise of iTunes, which I used to maintain my music and audiobook collection, Books.app, after all these years, still can’t alphabetize correctly. Unlike iTunes, titles beginning with articles (A, An, The) are alphabetized based on the articles. Any book or music collector should find this abominable, but Apple continues to ignore the anomaly. Fortunately, the tv+ app does this properly, in spite of its crappy interface.

Ask a Question