SOLVED I cant access my apps at all (MacBook Pro)

Reaction score
I wasn‘t sure where to post this so sorry if this isn‘t the correct place. The "applications" section doesn't appear at all in my finder. If I spotlight search and click on applications it opens for a split second and then closes immediately, here‘s a video . This just suddenly started happening a few months ago for seemingly no reason (I hadn't messed around at all or downloaded anything that I‘m aware of). Everything else works just fine, it‘s just this one issue and being completely technologically illiterate if you couldn‘t tell already I‘m honestly baffled please help.

Reaction score
What version of MacOS? I am running Monterey but I think the same: open Finder and then on the menu bar click "Finder" --> "Preferences" --> "Sidebar" and check "Applications". That should bring the Applications item back to Finder for you.

Reaction score
What version of MacOS? I am running Monterey but I think the same: open Finder and then on the menu bar click "Finder" --> "Preferences" --> "Sidebar" and check "Applications". That should bring the Applications item back to Finder for you.
I running Big Sur 11.2.3 thank you for your advice but unfortunately this is still happening

Reaction score
Oh I see, as soon as you click on the Applications item, the window disappears. Let me do some digging and I'll post back. Have you changed any permissions or anything, or installed any software recently?

Reaction score
Oh I see, as soon as you click on the Applications item, the window disappears. Let me do some digging and I'll post back. Have you changed any permissions or anything, or installed any software recently?
I downloaded cleanmymac around that time but I honestly don‘t remember if it was to help with this problem or if the issues started after I downloaded it. Thank you for taking the time to help me out!

Reaction score
I personally don't use any cleaners other than "AppCleaner" as suggested here by some forum members. I am not sure whether cleaners of any kind are really necessary but others may disagree. I suppose they could potentially remove something important.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge in this area will chime in.

Ask a Question