A couple of questions about automating on a Mac

Reaction score
I have been writing scripts in AutoIT for windows based systems and now I need to duplicate those scripts for use on Macs (M1 and M2). AutoIT is windows only so that will not work. I haven't written scripts for Macs before.

I need to be able to retrieve basic system information, create a simple UI for the script, open apps, manipulate the UI by sending keystrokes and/or mouse clicks, get start and end times for tasks performed (I was able to detect the end of a task on Windows system by checking pixel changes on the screen), and output times and system info to a CSV file.

Is Applescript a good tool for this? Should I look into Python or something else? Any recommendations would be helpful.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

That is far beyond my limited experience with AppleScript/Automator. Maybe another member will chime in, or you can try the folks over at MacScripter.

C

Ask a Question