Connecting A New MAC to Comcast ? (Sr. Citizen Level Questions)

Reaction score
Hi,

Was "reasonably" sharp with this some time ago, but am now in
mid 80's, and could really use some help with the following, please:

We use Comcast for our internet.

Have a fairly old W10 pc connected to Comcast presently.

Have just purchased a new Mac desktop. Wife should like it a lot better than W10, hopefully.

How do I, please, connect it to also use Comcast ?

Can I find the passwords, Accounts, etc. that I imagine are required from the pc ? Where ?

If not, how do I find the required information to connect the MAC to Comcast ?

Any and all thoughts, and (hopefully) very specific instructions would
be most appreciated.

Best regards,
Bob

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

If you are connecting with an Ethernet cable, no password should be required. If you are connecting via Wi-Fi wireless, you will only need the password for the Wi-Fi network. Most of the time, it is printed on a stick on the router or in documentation that came with it from Comcast.

You can also login to your Comcast account in a web browser, go to Services > Manage Internet > WiFi Network Details and find your password there.

Hope that helps!

C

Reaction score
Hello,

If you are connecting with an Ethernet cable, no password should be required. If you are connecting via Wi-Fi wireless, you will only need the password for the Wi-Fi network. Most of the time, it is printed on a stick on the router or in documentation that came with it from Comcast.

You can also login to your Comcast account in a web browser, go to Services > Manage Internet > WiFi Network Details and find your password there.

Hope that helps!

C

Ask a Question