2 questions: php logging, symlinks in ftp.

Reaction score
1: I'd like to redirect the PHP error logging from the Apache2 generic error log and into its own log file (eg. /var/log/apache2/php_error_log instead of /var/log/apache2/error_log), so that I may more easily distinguish between php errors and web access errors. I've tried setting the error_log value in /etc/php.ini (first creating the file by copying php.ini-dist) and also setting "php_value error_log" in each site's conf file (as I use a number of virtual domains, each with their own log files), but php errors continue to get written to each site's generic apache2 error_log.

2: Is there a way to get symbolic links to work over FTP? (or any way for the user to create hard links to directories like time machine does to save space for unchanged files, and like the system/server manager does to make group directories available for each user). I have a few users that I'd like to give read/write access to the same directory, to work on the same web site for example, while not giving any access to anyone else (save for www, who needs to be able to read everything, and write to some dirs) (group folders/files seem to be visible/readable to everyone).

Ask a Question