2 Drives on Mac Mini problem

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I have a MacBook Pro with all my applications etc on with Catalina. I got myself a Mac Mini to use on a large monitor for my L/R & P/S etc.
I used migration assistant to move the stuff on the MacBook to the Mac Mini. This is where I’ve gone wrong!
When I opened the Mac Mini I have 2 drives showing my MacBook with its password and my Mac Mini with its different password to open.
How can I remove the MacBook one to just have the one running?
I would be really grateful for some advice please.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Could you use (or create) a Time Machine backup with the MacBook Pro and the use that to restore the Mac Mini so the two would be identical? Obviously if there are additional files in the Mac Mini that you need to keep, you'd need to back those up first.

Reaction score
Thanks done that, I still have 2 drives though? Why do I have 2x drives showing Untitled & Untitled Data. Both with Operating systems on with different names? One my own creation and one there's at Startup.
I just need one on my 500g Hard drive!! so if I use more than 250g I'm knackered. Catalina do make things annoying.
I did read they use two drives??
Thank you for help just as well I don't have much hair to pull out :eek:;)

Reaction score
Restoring the Time Machine backup from the MacBook Pro will have replaced the drive that you boot from. Can you then go into Disk Utility and remove the drive (volume) you don't want? See Apple's instructions to delete an APFS volume.

Ask a Question