"Your connection is not private"

Reaction score
I recently purchased a new Macbook Pro and am having problems with the new one that I did not have with the old one. In using Chrome to search or go to a URL I am getting the "Your connection is not private" message. I can select Advanced or Reload. Reload will flash my home page for a split second then return to the "Your connection is not private" page. If I select "Advanced," the message adds two paragraphs about he website sending back incorrect credentials and the website using HSTS but maybe the page will work later. I can put the same search terms or URL in the old MBP and not have these problems, instead the search is successful. Some of the time in the address field is shown https lined-out in read. I have no problems with the old MBP.

Can someone please help me? Thank you.

PS: Just uninstalled Avast antivirus and now Chrome works without the problem. How do I reinstall Avast without the problem returning?

Ask a Question