Word & iTunes open on startup but don't want them to

Reaction score
Ever since I upgraded to 10.7.2, both Microsoft Word and iTunes have opened automatically upon startup.

I looked over other similar requests in the forum, and the 2 most common reasons for this happening are NOT what's happening here:
-I checked the Dock, and the "open at login" option is NOT ticked
-I went to System Preferences, looked under Users & Groups for my account, and those programs are NOT listed under "Login Items"

I also manually went in to the Library folder and looked in StartupItems folder, but nothing is in there.

Does anyone else know why these two programs might now be opening automatically?
What did I miss as far as any preferences/check boxes go for why this might be happening?

Hmm...

Reaction score
There is one more thing that is new in Lion. When you shutdown your Mac, unless you change the settings, upon restarting it, it will open the same apps that you had open when you shutdown. So, before you restart your Mac, quit both Word and iTunes. Then when you restart your Mac make sure you uncheck the box to reopen running applications.

Reaction score
Also, if you hold the mouse down on the Dock Icon of those Apps a menu will pop up and it will have Options > Open at Login ensure this is unchecked.

Ask a Question