Won't start at all

Reaction score
Ok hi, I've got a Macbook Pro 13" which I've had since early August, and it's my first after a long time using regular Windows PCs and whatever.

So basically I just got this new mp3 player thing, which I plugged in to the Mac to charge and put music on etc., at first I did get a message about "One of your USBs is taking too much power so another has been disconnected" and stuff like that. Didn't think much of it and went about using the Mac. However when I took it out of the Mac (Ejected it properly through Finder) and actually physically disconnected it the Mac just cut out. Then when I plugged the charger cable in the light on it just started blinking green-orange. So far I've tried:

-Switching it on with power button
-ctrl-cmd-power (Which apparently is restart)
-Pressed the button next to the battery indicator and no lights came up

No luck, the Mac is not starting, literally nothing is happening no matter what I've done

Help! (And thanks)

Reaction score
Sounds like you need to take it to an Apple Service Centre near you. "One of your USBs is taking too much power so another has been disconnected" is a very serious message and should never be ignored.

Ask a Question