Won't let me connect to wifi

Reaction score
I'm getting rid of a MacMini late 2009. I used Recovery and Disk Utility to erase the disk, and now I want to use Recovery to reinstall El Capitan. I try to do that, but it complains that the the wifi is not connected. No prob. I select my router, and a pane comes up asking for the password. I try to type in a password, but no text appears. I can't type in a password for my wifi! This is nuts. Can someone tell me how to connect to my wifi after a disk erase?

Reaction score
Wired keyboard. But let me add a couple of bizarre things. I was able to enter the wifi password ONCE, when I first started playing with it. Also, having been knocked out of my wifi internet connection, I hooked up an ethernet cable, and voila! I hook up that cable, and then, all of a sudden, I can enter a wifi password. Uber bizarre, in that if I hook up an ethernet cable, I sure don't need wifi.

Ask a Question