Windows Software (BetAngel) on an iMac

Reaction score
I want to install the bet exchange software called Bet Angel which only works on Windows and was wondering if anyone here is using it and if it works well enough.

My nephew has Parallels on his iMac, which he only plays games on, and he says it is very slow so before I spend money I need to know if it will work sufficiently and which software is best to install Windows. I've been looking at VPS but I really don't know.

Thanks

BetAngel software. https://www.betangel.com/bet-angel-professional

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I ahven't used that software, but I do have Parallels and VMware Fusion installed to run various flavors of Windows in virtual machines for support purposes. I also run a few Windows-only applications without any issues.

Parallels can be slow when playing games due to the graphics horsepower needed to render them, but for most "standard" functions it is pretty similar to a normal PC/Mac. The speed it will run in hardware-dependent. The faster you Mac is, the faster the virtual machine will run. On my iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2009) with 16 GB RAM and a 500 GB SSD running Sierra, I have Parallels 14 with Windows XP and Windows 10 Pro. I also have VMware Fusion running Windows 7 Pro. The slowest of them is Windows 10 Pro, because my iMac isn't really recent enough to run it smoothly in emulation. XP and 7 Pro run very well.

-What are the specs of your Mac - model/processor/RAM/hard drive?
-Which version of Windows do you have or would need to purchase?
-How much free space is available on your Mac?

We'll see if that would be a viable solution for you.

C

Ask a Question