Windows seven, to leopard, to lion in one month

Reaction score
I had a lenovo desktop with windows seven stolen, and just updated my brand new pro from snow leopard to lion....I have to say this is the most stylish OS I've had the pleasure of working with (macbook pro 2 ghz i7). Launchpad and mission control are a bit pointless but seeeeexy. I'm not great with computers but the sheer sex of this thing is making me want to learn its moves. If anyone has some time, Try to post me some of your most valuable shortcuts. Want to hear what the community has to say... (I know it's my first post, don't hate)

Reaction score
I've been coming up to speed with Lion.

Tip number 1+++ buy a TrackPad, then it all makes sense.

The launchPad is fantastic, Took a bit of setting up with what I want where, but having all your Apps right there with a pinch and occasional swipe.

Moving from Full Screen Space to Space 3 finger swipe, very addictive. I have a second DeskTop at the other end so swipe all the way takes me back to a DeskTop.

2 Finger Swiping in Safari is wow!

With a 3 Finger Push to quickly swap from multiple workspaces.

I'm a Mouse man, be using a mouse every working day since 1984, and I'm sold on Trackpad with Lion.

Reaction score
A trackpad eh? I'll need to research it. It sounds like a larger version of the touchpad on the pro itself? I shall look into it. I started laughing hysterically when I did something with the pad that highlighted a word and gave me the definition and its thesauris alternatives. I can't even remember what it was. I have to find a comprehensive list of all these elegant moves I suppose. All a learning curve for an analog guy like me. Thanks for the tip, I'm definitely going to trick this puppy with accessories. Literally this computer makes me smile, I think I'm a convert. Do people talk casually about their gear here or should I find a forum which isn't just for help?

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't see you had the MacBook Pro, no need for another TrackPad, I'm using a iMac. All the gestures I talked about should work on the Pro too:)

Sure we're all keen Mac people here, nice to have a talk about something other than problems;-)

There are so many little things that just make you smile when you find them. I've been on OS X since the early iMacs, and teaching a 2 hour Mac class once a month for 4 years and I still find new things that make me smile.

I'm currently getting into 2 Finger Press for the Contextual Menu.

Ask a Question