windows media player on mac!

Reaction score
ok...so in an email i was sent a link to a webpage that has a music video stream, but the file is for windows media player. so i click on the link and it automatically opens up the Windows media player that i have downloaded and the video plays.

here is the problem...

i sent my friend the same link (he has a mac) but when he clicks on the link, instead of opening it up in his Windows media player, it downloads this .wvx file and doesnt play. what should my friend do????

thanks!!

Reaction score
Hello, assuming that he has Windows Media Player installed on his Mac, he can "Control Click" on the link and click on "Open Link" from the contextual menu or instead of clicking on "Open Link" he can click on "Copy Link", open Windows Media Player, click on "file" (On the menu bar) click on "Open URL", paste the copied link in the URL field and last and certainly not least click on the "OK" button.:D

Ask a Question