Windows (boot camp) installation problems

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to install Windows 10 onto my MacBook Pro from an ISO I got from the Microsoft website. I get past the setup page - language, product key etc - but when the OS actually starts up I get an error message saying ‘the computer restarted unexpectedly or has encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation can not proceed. To install Windows, click “ok” to restart the computer and then restart the installation’.

However when I select ok it just sends me into a boot loop, giving me the error message over and over again. I’ve been on the phone to apple tech support all day and they’ve told me to manually restart the computer and re-do the partition (neither of which have worked) as well as telling me to press F10 when I get the error message so I can enter a prompt, only when I do this nothing changes and no prompt option appears.

I don’t know how to get Windows to work and I’m beginning to get frustrated here. Please keep any advice as simply worded as possible as I’m really not a tech person and probably won’t get what you’re talking about if it isn’t explained in plain speech.

My Os is 10.12 Sierra. Thanks in advance.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Are you using Boot Camp, or trying to install on a manually created partition from Disk Utility?

C

Ask a Question