Win.7

Reaction score
And the Service Packs, I think.
It has to be the Full Retail version of Windows.

We use Parallels it's a lot easier to work with if things go bad. (either Windows or Bootcamp)

Reaction score
And the Service Packs, I think.
It has to be the Full Retail version of Windows.

We use Parallels it's a lot easier to work with if things go bad. (either Windows or Bootcamp)
Thank you. I'm stuck already. When I clicked on Bootcamp assissant, it said to install the Mac startup disk which I don't have. Have a feeling, I'm going to have to buy a OEM win.7 disk.

Reaction score
Thanks. What's the difference between win7 oem and the retail? Really having a hard time choosing what cd to buy. About a year ago, I bought a win7 cd and apple said it had to be oem.

Reaction score
Original Equipment Manufacturer

Normally it means it's designed to come with a computer, HP OEMs Windows, the version they OEM is enabled to work with their Hardware. This often involves different Drivers.
Retail product does not come with a computer and can be installed on any computer.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5634

Reaction score
Thanks for your patience. I called Apple and found out that even though I bought my mac in 2008, it is a 2007, and I have to use a 32 bit. Glad I found that out. Thanks again for your help.

Reaction score
The instructions on what you're going to need, call for the mac installation cd. I can't find mine. It's used after you install windows so you can put in the drivers. Is there a way around this? Thanks

Ask a Question