"Get Info" Window opens in top left corner...

Reaction score
Is there any way to make the "Get Info" window open by default at the position of the mouse pointer? I'm visually impaired and it's a pain in the neck on a 27" monitor...

Thanks!
RS-Orlando9

Reaction score
I cannot find a way to position it at the mouse pointer but it is possible to change the position of the window (i.e. Centred) with an automator action. when I figure out how to post the formatted code I will put it up.

Which OS are you running?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Screenshot 2018-12-20 21.05.11.png
10.14.2 On an iMac27.
Does this look right?

I cannot find a way to position it at the mouse pointer but it is possible to change the position of the window (i.e. Centred) with an automator action. when I figure out how to post the formatted code I will put it up.

Which OS are you running?
10.14.2 Mohave.
Does this look right?
The full Automator "Quick Action" page was too big to upload.

Please open the accompanied ScreenShot.

Thank You!
RS-Orlando

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-12-20 21.16.39.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-20 21.16.39.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 319
  • Screenshot 2018-12-20 21.19.48.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-20 21.19.48.png
    314.4 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, that should work. the code looks tidier than mine :)
Currently this will only work on one item at a time, whereas get info will work on multiple items. Needs a bit more work.

Code.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you want to alter the position of the window, change the number that x or y is divided by

dividing x by larger than 2 will move the box left, smaller than 2 will move it right
dividing y by larger than 2 will move the box up, smaller than 2 will move it down.

Reaction score
Thank you for your info! Took a while to master the Automator, and learn how to use it!

Works very well: Just figured out that we don't use "Get Info", We use "Quick Action- Get Info Centered". Works like a charm. The Script lives in Home/Library/services...

Reaction score
Hi, I used your script (above) to center the get-info window but when I run it I get this error
Syntax Error
Finder got an error: Can't make current application into type integer

Any ideas ? I am running Ventura, and I the Automator the Service button does not exist, it has been replaced by Quick Action
Thanks a lot

Ask a Question