Informative Article about Mojave and Permissions

Reaction score
Just saw this:

https://www.macworld.com/article/33...tween-accessibility-and-full-disk-access.html

I have not upgraded to Mojave yet, but I am definitely keeping a close watch of making sure all my third party applications are either compatible with Mojave, or have updates for such compatibility. So far, here is my status with this:

1. 1Password - Upgraded to V7.x.

2. SuperDuper! - New version available (actually the second one) for Mojave compatibility (I upgraded anyway, as I can still use it with High Sierra).

3. Word 2016 and Excel 2016 - Seem to be compatible, although I am seriously contemplating "moving" to LibreOffice.

4. Onyx - Titanium Software already has a Mojave-specific version available.

5. Transmission, AppCleaner, Quicken 2016, and VLC - Compatible.

6. Tech Tool Pro - waiting until December, as that is when Micromat will have a Mojave-compatible version of Tech Tool Pro available.

7. EasyFind - Not sure yet. Have sent a query to the company about it and Mojave.

I am just hoping none of these apps have permissions issues with Mojave.

Reaction score
It's pretty straightforward, you will be prompted to give 'Full disk access' to some programs.

I had to do it for Super Duper.

One thing to watch though, Mojave will format your drive to APFS, not just if it is an SSD, it will format a mechanical drive also.

Reaction score
Thanks. I would hope that will be the case.

By the way, did you get that message with V3.2.2 of SuperDuper!?

Also, heard from Devon Technologies, an d EasyFind is compatible with Mojave.

Ask a Question