BSOD in Bootcamp - Bad System Config Info

Reaction score
New to this forum and hope someone can help me with a problem I've encountered.
I have a 27'' late 2015 5k retina Imac running Sierra which I have used Bootcamp on with no hiccups for the last year.
Today I boot up and get the BSOD with the message Bad System Config Info.
I am running Windows 10 in bootcamp and when I boot to Windows I get options to go to Command Prompt or restart etc.
I have tried several fixes using command prompt but none seem to work so am stuck.
I do not want to lose work I have on the Bootcamp partition if possible so am looking at ways to recover without losing work.
OSX Sierra works fine. Do I need to change code in terminal on Mac side to fix rather than command prompt side in windows or am I on the right track using command prompt?
I have searched the net to try several fixes but none seem to work that Ive attempted.
My drive letter for bootcamp is x by the way.
Any ideas and help much appreciated.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of experience with Boot Camp and Windows 10, so I am not sure that any Terminal commands from the Mac side will help correct the Windows startup issue. It sounds like more of a corrupted Windows issue than a Boot Camp issue, so it may be best to check out some Windows 10 forums...maybe they would have better suggestions.

Sorry,

C

Ask a Question