Why is this message distorted in Mail?

Reaction score
Why is a message that has been coming monthly from the same sender start appearing "distorted" in Mail v.11.5 (3445.9.1)?
The only explanation I can find is that they are poorly constructed HTMLs although they do appear readable in the email provider's website in Safari v.12.0.3 (13606.4.5.3.1).
Thank you for any explanations.

email rev 03-13-19.jpg

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

That little blue square with a ? in it is actually a placeholder for an image that didn't load. Sometime emails that are suspected to be junk have the images blocked. Is this email being marked as junk (show as a gold/beige color) or arriving in the Junk mailbox?

Sometimes they are HTML-based emails, that may not be formatted corrected either. You may see this at the top of the mail window:

Are you seeing anything like that?

C

Reaction score
Hello,

That little blue square with a ? in it is actually a placeholder for an image that didn't load. Sometime emails that are suspected to be junk have the images blocked. Is this email being marked as junk (show as a gold/beige color) or arriving in the Junk mailbox?

Sometimes they are HTML-based emails, that may not be formatted corrected either. You may see this at the top of the mail window:

View attachment 2921

Are you seeing anything like that?

C
Thanks but the answer to both your questions is no. All the emails that I received up to April 2018 were fine (I cannot find May or June's) but starting in July 2018 all the same "monthly update" emails have looked funny.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

Check the setting in Mail > Preferences... > Viewing and see if Load remote content in messages is checked.

C

Ask a Question