SOLVED Which VPN?

Reaction score
Hello; I have been using a Dell laptop for the last 10 years or so, and had Proton VPN installed (I use their E-mail package). However I find I am unable to install it on my new 2019 iMac 27". As Proton seem unwilling even to acknowledge my help requests, I think I must look elsewhere for a VPN. Can anyone recommend a decent package, preferably not too expensive? Thank-you in advance :)

Reaction score
Thank you, but once again Safari cannot access the page. However Proton are aware of the issue and are helping as best they can. Most likely this is an ISP problem and may just be the Parental Lock. Which, if so, is odd because this did not occur on my Dell laptop. Very frustrating, as the Parental Lock is exactly why I want a VPN, it gets under the lock.

Reaction score
I have resolved the issue in a somewhat roundabout manner. I downloaded the Proton VPN for mac to my Dell laptop, saved it to a memory stick and then installed it onto my iMac. Well, I installed TunnelBear that way, then once that was running on the iMac, I was able to access and download the proton VPN I have an account with. The problem lies with Virgin ISP. Turning their parental Lock off is something of a nightmare, and customer service is a bad, bad joke!

Reaction score
Hello Martin,

Very pleased to hear you resolved the problem, and does sound like Virgin help should have been better.

Ask a Question