Which Macbook to get for Medical school?

Reaction score
Hi!

I have for the past 6 years been using my trustworthy Macbook Pro - Early 2015 13" (Basespec.). It has performed its job really well during my use, but the battery life and and specs are starting to limit my everyday use. (I usually have aaloooot of Word and Powerpoint tabs open + Many browser tabs)

I have been really intrigued by the new Macbook Pro 14" - M1 Pro. But it is a hefty price for a poor student, and i for sure dont need all its horsepowers. Though I could really benefit from its new and larger display + the great battery life. But i dont know how it stackes up compared to the current "Old-design" Macbook Air´s value. Its more portable and got the specs i need. But it feels a little dated, and we know apple will release a new version of the Macbook Air next year.

So Im really split if either i should just go ahed and buy the new Macbook Pro 14" - Buy the much cheaper Macbook 13" - Or wait for the new Macbook Air coming in 2022.

This is a big investment for me as a student, so i want my upcoming purchase to last me for as many years as possible. Therefore I would dearly appreciate some opinions on what would be the best investment, longterm.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry for the delayed response.

All of the M1 family Macs are much faster than your older 2015 MBP and will be good for several years. It really would depend on budget, screen size, and what your usage is. Of course, the latest models will normally have the most longevity.

For most everyday tasks like web browsing, email, word processing, etc., you probably won't see much of a difference between the models. Higher end tasks like video, audio, etc. are where the extra processing will shine through.

C

Ask a Question