video chat with a pc using ichat and aim

Reaction score
I am new to macs and tried to video chat with my son who has a pc. We both have aim accounts but when we try to video chat and it says there was a communication error. I accept the video chat from him and then we get the error, it doesn't connect.

I am using a macbook pro
OS leopard 10.5

Reaction score
forget AIM down load SKYPE its FREE and easy to use and works with any system bring it down from google

Reaction score
Hello Brigetam and Welcome!

Does your son's PC have a built in camera or does he use an external camera like a logitech Quickcam? If he uses an external camera, have him try uninstalling all the camera software from the computer and uninstall AIM as well.

I had the exact same problem using iChat and trying to video chat with my cousin on AIM. He uninstalled his camera software, unstinalled AIM, restarted his computer, reinstalled AIM and camera software, restarted his computer again, and we were able to video chat without any trouble.

Give that a shot and let us know how it works out.

Cheerio
Searay

Ask a Question