Viber call recorder?

Discussion in 'Mac Applications' started by Elrich, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Elrich

Elrich New Member

I'm looking for recommendations of good software for recording calls from Viber on my Mac. (A circa-2013 Macbook Pro) Recording the video isn't terribly important to me, but I definitely want to be able to record audio of both sides of the call and deal with the two sides as two separate tracks.

Elrich, Mar 8, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Elrich

Cory Cooper Moderator

Hello,

I think it would take some paid software to accomplish that. Audio Hijack would work I believe. You could contact them to verify.

Too bad it isn't Skype, as Call Recorder for Skype is made for just that.

C

Cory Cooper, Mar 8, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. Elrich

Elrich New Member

I have Audio Hijack, but I didn't think it could record both sides of a call... But I just took a look at it and it does have that option under "Advanced"! Thanks!

Elrich, Mar 8, 2018
  4. Elrich

Cory Cooper Moderator

No worries.

Let us know how it goes.

C

Cory Cooper, Mar 8, 2018
  5. Elrich

Elrich New Member

OK, just recorded an interview call from Viber using Audio Hijack. It worked fine, except one thing. I wanted to have my voice and the interviewee's voice on separate tracks, meaning I had to put them in opposite speakers (Audio Hijack has a "Split between channels" checkbox in "Advanced" under "Source"). Which is fine for the recording (of course I can switch both tracks to mono), but Audio Hijack makes the same change in your headphones, so I had my own voice coming in the left channel. I had to push that side of my phones to behind my ear because it was so distracting!

But the recording itself is just what I wanted.

Elrich, Mar 13, 2018
  6. Elrich

Cory Cooper Moderator

Glad it worked.

Was there a slight delay on your voice, or was it in real-time?

You can use an audio processor to make the left and right tracks both mono, and they will play in both channels.

C

Cory Cooper, Mar 13, 2018
  7. Elrich

Elrich New Member

Well, there was a delay on her voice, but I think that was because I ended up using Viber to call her phone. (might as well have used Skype!)
    Right, I've switched both tracks to mono in Audio Hijack -- working on editing now. The problem is hearing my own voice during recording.

Elrich, Mar 13, 2018
  8. Elrich

Cory Cooper Moderator

Yeah, hearing your own voice can be distracting if you aren't used to it and there is a slight delay. I actually preferred it, back when I did a lot of podcasting. Basically, I built a small radio station rig, complete with many pieces of hardware in a studio rack. With that, I could hear myself without any delay, which made it much easier to get used to.

Let us know how it goes,

C

Cory Cooper, Mar 13, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question