Viber call recorder?

Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations of good software for recording calls from Viber on my Mac. (A circa-2013 Macbook Pro) Recording the video isn't terribly important to me, but I definitely want to be able to record audio of both sides of the call and deal with the two sides as two separate tracks.

Reaction score
I have Audio Hijack, but I didn't think it could record both sides of a call... But I just took a look at it and it does have that option under "Advanced"! Thanks!

Reaction score
OK, just recorded an interview call from Viber using Audio Hijack. It worked fine, except one thing. I wanted to have my voice and the interviewee's voice on separate tracks, meaning I had to put them in opposite speakers (Audio Hijack has a "Split between channels" checkbox in "Advanced" under "Source"). Which is fine for the recording (of course I can switch both tracks to mono), but Audio Hijack makes the same change in your headphones, so I had my own voice coming in the left channel. I had to push that side of my phones to behind my ear because it was so distracting!

But the recording itself is just what I wanted.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Glad it worked.

Was there a slight delay on your voice, or was it in real-time?

You can use an audio processor to make the left and right tracks both mono, and they will play in both channels.

C

Reaction score
Well, there was a delay on her voice, but I think that was because I ended up using Viber to call her phone. (might as well have used Skype!)
Right, I've switched both tracks to mono in Audio Hijack -- working on editing now. The problem is hearing my own voice during recording.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Yeah, hearing your own voice can be distracting if you aren't used to it and there is a slight delay. I actually preferred it, back when I did a lot of podcasting. Basically, I built a small radio station rig, complete with many pieces of hardware in a studio rack. With that, I could hear myself without any delay, which made it much easier to get used to.

Let us know how it goes,

C

Ask a Question