Reaction score
Bought new last year.
Sometimes wont charge
Constantly asking for icloud password
Not syncing mail sometimes
Takes forever to startup
Always opening a million windows when box ticked not to restore windows
Locking items in trash so cant delete.
Got WD passport. Formatted. Works on another mac.
Permission not allowed to copy files. Done disk repair in first aid and no.change
End of the road. Want to get rid of it and never buy mac again
Now cannot save all files in order to reset to factory settimgs.
Biggest waste of $1200.
Want to take a sledgehammer to it

Reaction score
- Not charging: have you tried resetting the PRAM and SMC? Just search on google for 'Macbook Pro Reset PRAM and SMC" and an official apple page should come up.

- I've never used iCloud, but there might be an option in the preferences where you can change it so it doesn't ask for your password anymore?

- Taking forever to start up: Install Onyx X, and use it to check the S.M.A.R.T status of your hard drive and let it verify your drive. After its done that, then run everything underneath the 'automator' option. (Note: It takes around 10-15 minutes, and afterwards you have to restart your computer.)

Unfortunately I can't help with the other problems. I'm sorry you're having such a **** experience, I've had my macbook pro for 6 years and I've have almost no problems with it. Only now have I started to notice some things going wrong...but that's all hardware related.

Ask a Question