Imac monitor is streaked very badly

Reaction score
HI, I had a few smudges on my 27" iMac screen and moistened the black cloth that came with the computer with water to try to get rid of them. But, I must have used too much water, because now the streaks are ALL OVER the screen and I cannot get rid of them by simply rubbing with the black cloth.

Is there a safe way to get rid of the streaks? I had read in other forums that equal parts hydrogen peroxide and distilled water could be used on some monitors... I think I moistened the cloth too much..... Can I use any electronics monitor cleaners that are sold by 3rd parties?? I feel like I have ruined my monitor and its very disturbing to me, even though the quality of the screen is the same, it just looks bad when the monitor is black. I thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Hi,

I use the green Keepit Clean Macbook cleaner sold in Apple stores with most importantly a lint free cloth.
The cleaner does come with one but it is small, larger ones are easy to source.
Use this on all my devises:) highly recommend the product.

Ask a Question