Using a laptop as an external display, keyboard and mouse

Reaction score
I have a MacBook (on Tiger) that I would like to use as an external display, mouse and keyboard for my Mac Pro (also on Tiger).

Edit: I feel I should add: I meant as the sole and primary display.

TIA,

Prez

Reaction score
Hello President and Welcome.

Sorry I missed these posts.

To answer your first post, I am not sure if there is a way to do that or not.

But, there is a solution for your third post. Take a look at the ModBook, a Tablet Mac with some cool features.

http://www.axiotron.com/

Also check out the article about the ModBook on MacWorld.

I hope this helps you!

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
To answer your first post: It is possible, but the responding time would freak you out. I mean the time from you move your mouse until you see it move on the screen. As of today I don't know any apps that might do what you want.

Reaction score
Thank you quadra and searay.

I've already seen the ModBook. My problem is I have a slow MacBook and a lightning-fast Mac Pro. The Mac Pro I barely use and I want the power on my laptop. I don't want to buy a MacBook Pro though. Is there an external display that I can put on my lap?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Thank you quadra and searay.

I've already seen the ModBook. My problem is I have a slow MacBook and a lightning-fast Mac Pro. The Mac Pro I barely use and I want the power on my laptop. I don't want to buy a MacBook Pro though. Is there an external display that I can put on my lap?

Thanks.

I'm not entirely sure whether this will do everything you need, but Screen Recycler looks like it might help. It has a free trial so you're not risking nay money trying it out. Looks like you'd probably be able to use it so that you would use your laptop as a screen and plug everything else into the MP.

Hope that's some help.

J

Ask a Question