USB HD in Time Machine

Reaction score
Just installed Airport Extreme(n) and configured to MAC filtered access. All machines(6) have excellent internet access. Hooked 1 TB WD MyBook USB HardDrive to laptop, formatted for HFS+ and OS X extended. Hooked it to USB port on Airport Extreme. Have green light on Airport Extreme. Used airport utility to set file sharing and base station password access. Can see the HD on Network, but Time Machine can't see it when I try to chose a backup disk. Any ideas?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Just installed Airport Extreme(n) and configured to MAC filtered access. All machines(6) have excellent internet access. Hooked 1 TB WD MyBook USB HardDrive to laptop, formatted for HFS+ and OS X extended. Hooked it to USB port on Airport Extreme. Have green light on Airport Extreme. Used airport utility to set file sharing and base station password access. Can see the HD on Network, but Time Machine can't see it when I try to chose a backup disk. Any ideas?

I found this over at AppleDiscussions:

Topic : Time Machine will NOT work with Airport Disks!

Apple still working on Time Machine's AirPort Disk support

Then I stumbled upon this:

TM working with airport disk in GM

It's Post # 50 from this thread:

No Airdisk (Airport) Time Machine Backups!

Ask a Question