Urgent: macbook air storage issues

Reaction score
so far I am pleased. I told the fellow if it didn't have Sierra on it I would not buy it. he said any coming into store now would definitely have high Sierra on...so I decided to go for it. I may never get that chance again...and the price was not too too bad!! I ended up buying a converter also as I would need that for all my external drives.

I managed to get MS Office installed and working. just got my email accounts set up and have downloaded ONYX for Sierra tho have not installed. will next download Super Duper!, App Cleaner, and MalwareBytes plus a few other third party softwares I want to get installed also. I just love this challenge.
once I get all this stuff done and out of the way... I just may do a super duper! just for the fun of it.
Then I will slowly bring over my personal data files.

with Black Friday coming up soon you just may be able to get a good deal on your desired MacBook Air.
good luck to you.

Reaction score
Sounds good. I actually looked at getting either a 13" or 15" MacBook Pro, as they both have Retina displays. But the lack of USB 3.0 ports is what turns me off. Although I don't use my Mac Book Air as much as my Mac Mini, I still have the need for the two USB 3.0 ports on it, especially with some of my critical peripherals.

Reaction score
the usb-c converters are not bad price..I paid $25 and see same price on amazon.ca.
I was turned off usb-c for some time also but desire for MacBook Pro won out and I am okay with that now.

Reaction score
Understand. If I can find a USB-C convertor/hub that has 3 USB ports on it, and as long as the performance of more than one peripheral plugged into the hub is not impacted, I just might go that route. As it is, I will always need my USB mouse plugged in. For the other two USB ports on the hub, I would need them for my external drive (SSD) and at times a USB Flash Drive so that I can copy movies and/or TV series from the external SSD to the flash drive, which I can then view on our Samsung 65" Smart TV. That is real convenient, and also it could be helpful in us deciding to "partially" cut the cord regarding TV channels/service from Comcast.

Reaction score
when I was looking for some kind of adapter for usb-c, I did see a hub which had 4 USB ports...but I decided against that for now. cost was about $60.
as far as the performance impact not sure....would imagine 2 or 3 ports being used would use more power than only one port....
I manage without mouse...and frustrating in beginning now is fine...but still learning!!

Reaction score
Actually, a 13" Mac Book Pro is rather expensive compared to a 13" Mac Book Air (both with 8 gig of RAM and a 252 gig SSD). Maybe the retina display is not all that imperative for me. Also, yes, I am concerned about the performance with one or more UBB devices connected via a hub.

I have tried to use the track pad, but it is too frustrating (plus non-productive). As it is, I have to use a mouse with my Mac Mini.

Reaction score
hi honestone
just thought I would pop a message back....
I just love my MBP...it is sooo much faster than MBA I had been using.

and the usb-c ports are very fast and no problem at all...I just plug in adapter for regular usb and wham..all goes well.
I
have removed most of my personal data form MBA 13" and have turned it off and put in cupboard. at some point will probably prepare for selling as it is still in good shape .... just not powerful enough for me and all the things I want to do.

track pad was a bit different at first until I got used to it....

hope you had some luck with what you were wanting to do with your devices.
merry Christmas & happy new year

Reaction score
hi honestone
just thought I would pop a message back....
I just love my MBP...it is sooo much faster than MBA I had been using.

and the usb-c ports are very fast and no problem at all...I just plug in adapter for regular usb and wham..all goes well.
I
have removed most of my personal data form MBA 13" and have turned it off and put in cupboard. at some point will probably prepare for selling as it is still in good shape .... just not powerful enough for me and all the things I want to do.

track pad was a bit different at first until I got used to it....

hope you had some luck with what you were wanting to do with your devices.
merry Christmas & happy new year

Thank you for you welcomed report! Earlier today (can't find it now!), I read about an "adapter" with 6 various ports which would be ideal. If the MBP 13" were to have a good sale price (and the one with a 252 gig SSD), I just might go that route!

If you can suggest some various "multi port" adapters, that would be much appreciated! I need at least 2 USB 3 ports.

Reaction score
sorry I cannot suggest any good adapters as I am not that knowledgeable about these multi port devices...I would google or post in forums for advice. or look on your preferred site of computer supplies and view reviews. that is what I do.
I purchased two small usb to usb-c adaptors...have them attached to cords on two of my external drives...so whenever I want to attach to MBP..I just plug in. works like a charm.

Reaction score
Hi again
Found a suggestion another site re: usb-c converter with more ports

Check out amazon
For Anker ( good brand) usb-c to 4 port
Can amazon $26

Ask a Question