Need assistance on my Macbook. Urgent!

Reaction score
Hey, I have a new 13" Macbook Pro (just got it last summer), it's running on Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard.
It's been running fine, I was even using it yesterday afternoon, and it was running smooth.
But today when I turned on my Macbook, first of all it stayed in the white log in screen with the apple in the middle for at least 4 minutes, then it went to the blue screen for another 5 minutes minimum.
Finally after all that it logged in, but my wallpaper was only half there, the bottom was just blue. Only Finder and System Preferences seemed to work fine, a little slower then usual though. All my own programs (including i tunes) would either take a very long time to open and then freeze for a bit, or just not open at all.
I ran a repair permissions, and restarted, but it doesn't seem to be helping.

The most recent things I've done with my laptop, that might have caused some kind of problem, is I've bought & downloaded a game (Starcraft) from the Blizzard website, and I've also bought Djay3 from the apple store and installed it. I've been using both programs all week long, and have had no problems with them. Other then that, I haven't done anything special with my laptop.

I go back to school next week, and I really need to have my laptop working again (all my work & papers are on it) so I could really use some help.

Thank you in advance,
Franky

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

try booting off the install DVD and running disk first aid from it and then reboot.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question