Upgrade to Mountain Lion causes high CPU usage

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently updated from Snow Leopard directly to Mountain Lion and now I have a issue I can't fix by myself.

I'm using a Macbook Pro Mid 2010, 4gig Ram, 2,4 Intel Dualcore, GT 320M - now running OSX 10.8.3
I've got a 27" secondary display, where I usually enjoy my content Youtube e.g.. It used to work very fluently with no probs at all.
I could run a Skype conv., a Youtube vid, eyeTV and various apps simultaneously without any performance issues.

NOW: I have no other app running but Chrome, open up any random youtube-video and it starts to lag within seconds. When I switch to my 27" screen it shows a CPU usage of around 100% for Chrome and 80% for Pepperflashplayer, going down to 80%; 70% when displaying on my macbook screen.
I've read that RAM upgrade might be recommended for running Lion or ML on "older" macbooks. However during this lags and CPU peaks I still have around 1,5gig of free RAM. I've already installed 'Memory Clean' to monitor my RAM usage and keep it at a certain level.

This happens using Chrome: Pepperflashplayer + Chrome
Firefox: Shockwaveflash + Firefox
Safari: Flashplayer + Safari
always having almost full cpu usage and extreme graphic lags.

This does not happen when displaying HD content from my hard drive, eyetv and such.

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Flash. This is why Apple doesn't ship it on the new MacBook Airs.

Sorry, hope you can find a way past it.

Its not using Flash to play other HD content,

Ask a Question