Update difficulties

Reaction score
I have a macOS Sierra (10.12.6) which has served me faithfully for 9 years. Unfortunately, it can no longer receive updates,
including Mohave or the new version coming in the fall. Is it necessary to replace this old friend, something I am loathe to
do not only for financial considerations, but also for environmental concerns? Or can I continue to use it with the
realization that I won't have access to all the new "bells and whistles," but will still be able to interact with the 'Net as usual?
Many thanks for your help. j/gopher

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which model Mac is it running Sierra?

You can definitely keep what you have, as it will function as is for years to come. The only caveats are that the hardware will get older, it will cease to receive macOS updates from Apple, you won't have the latest and greatest security and application compatibility, etc. I still run several Macs that are running much older versions of OS X/macOS that work fine for most websites.

Hope that helps,

C

Ask a Question