Unable to install OS

Reaction score
I have a empty HD. tried to install OS 10.11. After going thru the download and install got this MSG. Tried 4 time got this every time. Help! tyvm
Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 10.40.22 PM.png

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which exact model Mac?
-Is the empty drive internal or external?
-Did you download the installer from the App Store?
-Do you have any third-party RAM installed?

C

Reaction score
Apple iMac 24-inch 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo (Early 2008) MB325LL/A. I got this computer with out a os installed. Internal drive is erased. no download OS X downloaded. No 3rd party RAM installed.

Reaction score
Apple iMac 24-inch 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo (Early 2008) MB325LL/A. I got this computer with out a os installed. Internal drive is erased. no download OS X downloaded. No 3rd party RAM installed.
I tried to download OS El Capitan but get error. This offered in utility screen. But will not install. I have been told its a expired download.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks. (I edited your previous post for readability due to text size)

Yes, that may actually be part of the issue, as Apple has had some installer certificates expire.

Do you have access to another Mac? If so, you could use DiskMaker X to create a bootable USB installer with an El Capitan installer downloaded from the App Store, if you have access to that.

C

Reaction score
Yes I have another Mac. But it crashes a lot. Sorry about the text. I copied and pasted it. I tried disk maker x but got this msg. Lost here, tried google. It was no help.
Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 1.02.18 PM.png

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

You can get the OS X Yosemite installer from Apple from this page: How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan. But, the problem is that is not the standard installer app like you would get from the App Store, so DiskMaker X 6 won't recognize it. Sorry...my bad.

What is the exact model of your other Mac?

Maybe you could use that installer to install El Capitan on an external HD, copy the installer to it, connect it to the iMac and startup from it, then install El Capitan on the iMac. I know that is a lot of steps, but it should work.

C

Reaction score
I have a copy of Yosemite on a flash drive. I will try it. I also have a copy of Lion Install DVD. Thanks Carl

Ask a Question